Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, Bolton St Catherine’s Academy would love to hear from you!
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity within a forward thinking and innovative school, this could be your chance to shine. We are seeking to appoint a highly talented and experienced leader to join our existing leadership team; an individual who shares and embodies the Academy’s ethos and values, has a commitment to academic excellence and who is determined to ensure that all students, regardless of ability and background, benefit from an excellent all-round educational experience and enjoy and achieve.
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. In 2018 we joined the then recently formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust, providing a great opportunity to work closely with the two outstanding schools in the MAT - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over these past two years.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
Key responsibilities will include:
- being the strategic lead for all aspects of school curriculum (including management of curriculum resources), timetabling, KS4 options process, PLCs, homework
- leading the Raising Standards Team and leading meetings and briefings with Curriculum & Learning Leaders
- being the SLT link to the Local Governing Board’s Performance Committee
We are seeking an inspirational and established school leader who:
- has a proven track record in leading and innovating change, particularly in leading aspects in curriculum design and timetabling
- is ambitious and well qualified
- is an excellent communicator capable of influencing and inspiring others
- possesses strong leadership and management skills, able to challenge and support both staff and students to great achievement
- can hold to account those colleagues who fail to uphold or demonstrate agreed standards
- has a genuine passion for quality learning and excellence
- understands the context of our school community, has experience of successfully working with young people from similar demographics and ensures that students are at the centre of every decision
- has a genuine passion for quality learning, pastoral care and excellence ensures that students are at the centre of every decision
- can quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with our young people and enthuse and motivate them to work hard and try their best
- is prepared to share good practice and actively seek to continue to explore ways to improve their teaching
- demonstrates personal resilience and role models those personal qualities we wish to instill in our young people
In return we can offer:
- development as a senior leader and preparation for headship, if this is something to which you aspire
- a rigorous and motivational weekly programme of continuous professional development and access to opportunities through the Trust’s Teaching School
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a laptop to use whilst in employment
- opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
We welcome applications from strong, experienced senior leaders; either individuals who are ready to progress to the next stage of their career or experienced deputy headteachers seeking to share their expertise and gain experience in a different establishment.
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact the Headteacher Rachael Lucas firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone conversations about the post with Rachael Lucas prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please email her to arrange.
To apply, please complete the TES online application form ensuring in your application statement that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Monday 20th April 2020.
Interviews will be held over 2 days 29th & 30th April 2020