The Governors of Willoughby School wish to appoint an outstanding and inspirational Deputy Headteacher to join our expanding and developing Senior Leadership Team. The successful candidate will have a passion for special education, a record of outstanding teaching and learning, pupil achievement and pastoral care.
The successful candidate will be;
- A highly motivated and inspirational classroom practitioner
- A successful leader, with a track record of working with children with a wide range of educational needs
- Creative and innovative, with excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Committed to maximising pupil progress
- Adaptable and eager to meet the changing demands of the school and the needs of all pupils
- A teacher who is able to motivate, lead, support and challenge pupils and staff to be successful
- Committed to the inclusion of all children with special educational needs
- A team player who shares the Willoughby vision
Willoughby is an all need, through school (2 – 19) for students with moderate, severe, profound and complex needs. We offer a highly supportive learning environment with excellent facilities. The particular responsibilities of the role will be finalised based upon the successful candidates’ interests and experience, initially focusing on the strategic pastoral development. Enthusiasm combined with energy and perseverance are a prerequisite; as is the desire to be involved in all aspects of the development of an outstanding and cutting edge Special School, at the forefront of educational improvement and attainment. The successful candidate will be paid on the Leadership Scale 8 – 12 (£46,799 - £51,639)
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and further details can be obtained from Leah Rogers, school administrator; email@example.com
Telephone (01778) 425203.
Willoughby is committed to the protection and safety of pupils and the successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and meet the requirements of the person specification. Willoughby welcomes applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Closing Date: 9:00am on Monday 16th October 2017. Interviews to be held on Thursday 19th October 2017.