Queensbury School, part of Feversham Education Trust
Salary: L18 – L22
Start date: January 2018 or sooner if possible
We are looking for an outstanding Deputy Headteacher (Teaching and Learning) who can systematically improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment to ensure highly effective teaching that leads to outstanding pupil outcomes.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Queensbury School, part of Feversham Education Trust (FET). Queensbury is a friendly, thriving and stimulating place to work and study. We set high aims for every student and we wish to appoint staff that can inspire, have high expectations and will raise the aspirations of young people.
This is an excellent opportunity for an inspirational leader with vision, determination and excellent interpersonal skills who can motivate, inspire and lead others. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the strategic development of improving teaching and learning across the Trust.
Queensbury School can offer you:
- Positive and polite students.
- The opportunity to join and contribute to a high performing multi academy trust focused on teaching and learning.
- An excellent CPD programme and opportunities for all staff.
- Professional and friendly colleagues with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- A Senior Leadership Team who believe in support and challenge in equal measure and see staff wellbeing as vital for all to be the best they can be.
We are seeking an individual who:
- Can use outstanding pedagogy and inspirational leadership to drive up results to ensure our students have every possible chance of success in life.
- Is an outstanding practitioner, with an unwavering commitment to the highest standards for teaching and learning.
- Can help build, communicate and implement a shared vision which expresses core values and moral purpose to support the school in attaining excellence in all it does.
- Has excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Has the ability to plan strategically.
- Is receptive to change and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Is flexible, collaborative and resilient.
- Is able to work well as part of a welcoming, hard-working and committed team.
- Has the experience of improving teaching and learning in a school.
- Has a proven track record of implementing teaching and learning in a school.
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Queensbury School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
More information about the post and a downloadable application form can be found by visiting www.navigategroup.co.uk/queensbury. For an informal and confidential conversation, please contact Jo Fish or Rachel Singer at Navigate, our recruitment partner, on 0113 287 8445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Friday 20 October 2017.