The Governors are seeking to appoint a dedicated, highly motivated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher who can join a team of professionals working with a range of SEND including profound and multiple learning difficulties and autism. This exciting post has arisen due to the promotion of one of our deputies to the post of Head of School.
Elms Bank is an outstanding and highly successful generic secondary special school for pupils aged 11-19. Experience of working with pupils with special educational needs is essential. We are looking for a colleague who will demonstrate a high level of commitment to these special young people.
We embrace excellent practice from across all sectors so if you have experience within primary, secondary or a wide range of SEND we look forward to hearing from you.
- Have extensive experience and skills in working with pupils with a range of special educational needs and be passionate about helping all our young people to achieve their full potential.
- Be able to demonstrate how their work has had a significant impact on the whole school as part of a senior leadership team.
- Be able to demonstrate outstanding classroom practice and be able to lead outstanding teaching and learning.
- Have excellent interpersonal, organisational, leadership and management skills.
- Have the ability to relate to and communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and other professionals.
- Have a strong commitment to innovative curriculum development, pupil learning and staff development.
- Be well organised, hardworking and enthusiastic.
- Have excellent leadership skills and be able to hold people to account.
- Be able to demonstrate transference of skills.
We are looking forward to hearing from candidates who have ambitions for Headship and are ready for a post which has a high level of challenge. You will be part of an excellent team and will be given extensive support to develop to your full potential both in this role and beyond. Applications from colleagues who meet the criteria are welcome from mainstream or special settings
Employees of Elms Bank Specialist Arts College have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on 14th/15th February 2018.
Completed applications should be returned to Mrs O Langley-Sadler, Head of School, Elms Bank, Ripon Avenue, Whitefield, Manchester M45 8PJ, or emailed to: email@example.com by 9:00am on 1st February 2018.