Learning and Achieving Together
Following the promotion of the current post holder to headship, we seek an exceptional leader to become Deputy Headteacher at our popular, successful and oversubscribed 11-19 comprehensive school. The specific responsibilities outlined in the Job Description relate to outcomes, curriculum and assessment. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate wanting to join our ‘diverse and harmonious learning community’ (Ofsted) and to share Brentside High School’s commitment to excellence, ‘No exceptions, no excuses’.
- Have a proven track record of leading whole school initiatives, managing change and implementing school self-evaluation
- Be an analytical and strategic thinker with the capacity to lead on data, academic target setting and intervention strategies
- Be an outstanding classroom teacher with excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire and motivate students, staff and other stakeholders.
- Have initiative and ideas and a flexible, creative and good-humoured approach to leadership and teamwork
- Be an aspiring Headteacher and be able to deputise for the Headteacher
We are a vibrant, diverse community and our students make excellent progress, with outcomes consistently significantly above national at Key Stage 4 and regularly within the top 10% nationally at Key Stage 5. Our students ‘are extremely complementary about their school and the staff who work with them. They want to do well, regularly attend and work hard.’ (Ofsted)
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and talented senior leader to lead and develop our provision so that all students achieve their full potential. You will join our hard working, committed, supportive staff team to make a real difference to the day to day and long-term experiences of our young people.
If you believe that you have the passion, determination and high expectation to contribute to our vibrant and cohesive community, we look forward to hearing from you.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS. Further information can be found at http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-public-bodies/dbs.
Please visit www.brentsidehigh.ealing.sch.uk for more details of this post or contact the school to request an information pack.
Closing date for applications: 12:00 noon, Monday 26 April 2021
Greenford Avenue, Hanwell, London, W7 1JJ
Telephone: 020 8575 9162
Headteacher: Ms Charlotte Hames
Brentside High School
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Information for applicants
The school and its facilities
Brentside High School is a large 11-19 mixed comprehensive school serving a culturally and socially diverse community in Ealing. We are all very proud of our school and the reflecti...