We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Deputy Headteacher, with proven experience of delivering strategic impact on a whole school scale, to join our experienced, supportive and growing Senior Leadership Team. This role will provide an exciting and challenging opportunity for a current Deputy Head or an ambitious Assistant Head looking for the next step in their career. A key focus of the role will be to lead the delivery of outstanding pupil progress and achievement across the school and sixth form, ensuring the highest standard of provision to all our pupils.
We are looking to appoint a Deputy Head who has:
- a thorough understanding of current educational developments and a clear grasp of issues relating to education in general, as well as particular knowledge and experience in qualifications and curriculum design and timetabling
- the ability to develop and implement plans that will tailor the curriculum to meet the needs of pupils
- a secure, proven track record of delivering excellent levels of achievement, and implementation of whole school initiatives
- a detailed understanding of how effective assessment can maximise pupil progress
- the drive, commitment and personal resilience to make a tangible difference as a Deputy Head in a large and ambitious school
- the integrity, presence and emotional intelligence necessary to inspire confidence from staff, pupils and parents and reflect our ethos and aims
Ofsted describe Woldgate School as a ‘…calm and purposeful place’. It is a school with a distinct vision for education, based on shared values, where every child is known and cared for as an individual. We are a school with a positive, welcoming and warm atmosphere, in which students take pride in their school and achievements.
We can offer:
- An exciting, new role with the opportunity to develop and progress within a supportive, hardworking and committed SLT
- The opportunity to make a difference on a whole school perspective
- A supportive governing body, who are committed to raising standards
- A school with a strong community ethos, situated at the foot of the Yorkshire Wolds, but within commuting distance from the historic City of York, Leeds and Hull
- Motivated staff and students, who take great pride in our school
Full details and an application form are available at www.woldgate.net
Completed applications should be returned to Jo Brighton, Head of Personnel & Staff Wellbeing, email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 23rd February 2018
Interviews: w/c 5th March 2018
The position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Woldgate School as part of Wolds Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all out staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1074. A DBS enhanced disclosure that is satisfactory to us will be a condition of employment.