“We learn, we respect, we’re family” is lived out each day at St Martins. Come and join our family and make a difference.
Thank you for your interest in the advertised post for a Deputy Headteacher at St Martins School. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and experienced professional to share in the leadership and management of this outstanding and innovative school.
Following the promotion of the current post holder to Headship, the Governors wish to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher. The successful candidate will work closely with the Headteacher and Assistant Headteachers, continuing the development of the school as an outstanding provision, offering exciting and varied opportunities towards excellent outcomes for all.
St Martins is a unique learning community with very supportive governors and Parent/Carers who provide encouragement and expertise to strengthen the ethos of the school.
Informal visits to the school by prior appointment are warmly invited on Wednesday 6th June. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you should you feel our ethos and vision are compatible with your own leadership ambitions.
The successful candidate will:
We can offer you:
- demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and have the energy and enthusiasm to play a key role within the leadership team in moving the school forward
- be an outstanding listener, with high emotional intelligence and very effective and credible communication skills
- be an excellent planner, forward thinker and visible team leader
- be fully cognizant of, and able to articulate, local and national educational priorities
- have the ability to work across the learning profiles and alongside colleagues to promote outstanding teaching and learning
- be able to lead on assigned projects related to improving standards in teaching and learning in school
- have an excellent understanding of the needs of children with a wide range of complex learning needs
- have a clear understanding of relevant accreditations for students with SEND
- know how to analyse data from assessment to drive progression and attainment forward
- have strong evidence for developing, leading and completing major educational initiatives in school
- be committed to involving students, Parents/Carers, Governors and wider stakeholders
- use research to inform future development across teaching and learning.
School visits: Wednesday 6th June – Please contact Victoria Bailey to make an appointment by telephone on 01332 571151 or email: email@example.com
- a supportive and hard-working staff team who always put the needs of the students first
- amazing students to work with
- a school with an ethos of mutual respect and high aspiration
- a supportive governing body
- excellent opportunities to further develop your leadership skills and career pathway
For more information please contact Debbie Gerring, Headteacher on 01332 571151 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please complete an application form and return it with your letter of application (2 sides of A4), to email@example.com or by post to Victoria Bailey, St Martins School, The Derwent Campus, Bracknell Drive, Alvaston, Derby, DE24 0BT.
Interviews will be held the week beginning Monday 18th June 2018.
The closing date for this vacancy is Sunday 10th June at midnight. Any application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted.