At Longdon Park School, we pride ourselves on helping and supporting the most vulnerable children who have not had the opportunity to thrive in a mainstream setting to achieve their full potential. We are seeking an exceptional candidate who is inspirational, passionate and dedicated to raising student achievement through the delivery of a personalised and engaging learning experience. We are currently recruiting for the following position at our ‘outstanding’ school, Longdon Park, situated in Egginton, Derbyshire.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, experienced and committed Deputy Headteacher to join our Senior Leadership Team and to help develop our outstanding curriculum, to implement our vision and promote outstanding teaching and learning. The successful candidate will have extensive experience of working with young people with a range of complex learning needs with specific experience working with ASD pupils. He/she will be able to demonstrate a working understanding of how these needs impact upon learning and behaviour in the classroom.
We are looking for an innovative, reflective leader who can demonstrate high professional standards and with a clear understanding of how to improve performance and practice in the classroom. A sound knowledge of OFSTED requirements, SEND Code of Practice and expectations relating to teaching and learning will be essential.
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in the following areas:
• ambitious and enthusiastic, with a passion for learning and creativity who will go the extra mile
• exceptional leadership skills
• ability to teach English or science to GCSE would be an advantage
• experience and ability in working effectively with students with complex learning needs including ASD
• a proven track record of raising standards through outstanding, inspirational and innovative practice
• can ensure high quality provision through a proven long term track record of outstanding and inspirational teaching
• can demonstrate a clear vision for raising standards through coaching and mentoring
• committed to ensuring achievement for all through equal access and opportunity and aspiration for all children
• a clear understanding of what constitutes outstanding teaching, learning and assessment and how this underpins school effectiveness
• an outstanding organiser, is proactive and has an ability to support effective teams
• excellent interpersonal skills and qualities to lead and innovate whilst inspiring and motiving staff, children and parents.
We are looking for a special individual who is able to help inspire and re-engage the young people that we serve. This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their skills and experience in a challenging, motivating and highly rewarding environment.
Applications for this post are invited from colleagues offering SEN experience, from mainstream schools and other educational settings.
For an informal discussion by telephone or in person, please contact, in the first instance, Nyree Parker, Acting Head of School (01283) 733195
This position is due to commence as soon as possible in the Spring Term 2017 (subject to all necessary safeguarding checks including verified references and DBS checks).
Closing Date: Monday 12 December (Midday)
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS Check