North Ridge School Governors are looking to appoint an energetic, innovative and inspirational Deputy Headteacher who will share our vision and help lead our school forward during a period of significant transformation. The person must be committed to working in partnership with the Headteacher and SLT in raising standards and securing the best possible achievements for every pupil, and will have some structured timetabled responsibility across all key stages.
North Ridge Community School is a community day special school for 125 pupils aged 3-19 years with severe special educational needs. We are committed to providing innovative opportunities and inspirational experiences to motivate our children and young people as learners. We work in partnership with parents and carers to ensure our children and young people develop skills for life and ensure that they all have the best opportunities to flourish through personalised learning.
The successful candidate will join:
• a school with enthusiastic and friendly pupils who are happy, well cared for, feel safe and have a positive attitude to learning;
• a school with excellent professional development opportunities;
• a school which works closely with a wide range of other professionals to provide the help pupils and families need;
• a dedicated and caring staff team who are committed to building on the strengths of the school and ensuring all pupils realise their full potential;
• a school with committed governors and supportive parents and carers.
The successful candidate will:
• have highly effective leadership and organisational skills with the ability to motivate, lead and inspire the school;
• have the ability to share our commitment for developing the best possible learning and pastoral environment for all our children and young people to ensure they are all successful in their learning;
• have in-depth knowledge of all key stages and current initiatives within the special school sector and demonstrate a clear vision of excellence in special education;
• have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with all members of our community in continuing to develop our school;
• embrace our child-centred, inclusive vision and lead the drive for continued improvement, taking the school to the next level of success;
• be a visionary leader with high levels of emotional intelligence and an open and consultative management style.
For further information please look at our website – www.northridge.doncaster.sch.uk .
To arrange a visit please contact the school on 01302 720790 or email email@example.com.
Application form, job description and personal specification can be downloaded online.
Completed application forms should be returned direct to school by 4.00 pm Friday 6th April 2018.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Equal Opportunities - Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council is committed to equality of opportunity in the services provided to customers and all aspects of employment. We warmly welcome applications from all sectors of the diverse community. Our recruitment policies, procedures and practices enable all applicants to be considered on merit and ability to do the job. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Disability Discrimination Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed.