The acting Executive Headteacher of the Queen’s Park Early Years Federation is seeking to appoint a passionate and dedicated Deputy Headteacher to work within the current support network of Federation senior leaders.
The Dorothy Gardner Nursery School is a 100 place nursery school with integrated two year old provision. The Federation is a Westminster maintained federation and serves a diverse community in west London between Westbourne Grove and Queen’s Park.
This is a very significant leadership responsibility and an opportunity to build upon our existing provision at the nursery. You will be instrumental in creating plans with the acting EHT, both academic and operational. In addition, it is a chance to play a full role in a highly effective senior leadership team.
We are looking for teachers and leaders who are passionate about our early years education, the Federation, our community and our pupils’ life chances. The role of Deputy Headteacher combines excellent classroom teaching with a commitment to supporting the development of the character and self-belief of our youngest pupils and to act as a role model to the wider staff. You will join an immensely committed federation team who are willing to work above and beyond the normal expectations at each school to make incredible things happen for our pupils.
We are seeking a Deputy Headteacher who:
- is exceptionally enthusiastic and a creative leader
- has the ability to motivate staff and pupils
- can communicate effectively and build relationships with all stakeholders
- has a commitment to an inclusive education for all
- has strong leadership skills
- is committed to developing a positive, enthusiastic learning culture for all staff
- is ambitious and eager to develop their own and others professional development
- has a good track record of driving forward improvements
- Innovative thinker and solutions orientated
We can offer:
- a very supportive Executive Headteacher and leadership team with high quality CPD opportunities available
- enthusiastic children, who enjoy their learning
- parents who value your time and support
- personal career development
- a supportive Federation, with strong cross federation work taking place
- a forward thinking body of staff, who are determined to continue to drive standards and aspirations up within the community and with families
It is essential that you feel we are the early years federation for you, therefore would recommend that you visit prior to application. For any queries or to arrange a visit to the nursery and the Federation please contact the Acting Executive Headteacher: Ms M Heptinstall on 0208 969 9683 or email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on email@example.com
• Closing Date: 28th June 2019 5.00pm
• Interviews, week beginning: 8th July 2019
References will be requested for those short listed ONLY and prior to interview. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Queen’s Park Early Years Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.