The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle in Partnership with Durham County Council
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional, practising Catholic Deputy Headteacher to work closely with the Headteacher and Governors to share and enhance the leadership of our popular, friendly and caring school.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be highly motivated and an inspirational leader with a clear vision of Catholic Education;
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner and exceptional role model; passionate in developing high standards and expectations for all pupils;
- Have ambition, enthusiasm, resilience with the ability to inspire and motivate others;
- Be committed to working in partnership with staff, parents and carers, Governors, the parish and wider community;
- Work as part of a team, using excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to build professional relationships and develop and support colleagues;
- Take a full and active role in all aspects of school life and passionately promote a clear child-centred vision;
- A commitment to on-going, current and innovative use of research and associated curriculum development.
In return, we offer:
A nurturing, welcoming community with a strong, positive and caring Catholic ethos;
Children who are well-behaved, enthusiastic and fully engaged in their learning;
A highly inclusive culture that focuses on the growth and unique potential of every child;
A strong commitment to support your continuing professional development;
A pivotal role in the leadership and management of our school;
An opportunity to work with a well-developed Children’s Leadership Team.
Visits from interested candidates are encouraged. Please contact Mrs Anne Hall, in our school office, to arrange an appointment. CES application forms and information pack are available from and returnable to The Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services, c/o School and Governor Support Service, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UJ or email SGSS.Administration@durham.gov.uk
Closing date: Thursday 27 April 2017 at 12 noon
Shortlisting date: Friday 5 May 2017
Interview date: Friday 19 May 2017
The Governing body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. The Deputy Headteacher should support the Headteacher in ensuring that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as other additional safeguarding checks.
THE POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE
[Only those applications submitted using the CES application form will be considered].
St Mary's RC Primary School, Newton Aycliffe
Guided by faith, nurtured through love, inspired to achieve