DURHAM COUNTY COUNCIL
Lanchester Endowed Parochial Primary School (Controlled)
N.O.R. 319 + 39 FTE
A Caring Community Where All Can Flourish
Lanchester E.P. School is a dynamic, progressive and expanding school aiming to achieve the highest possible pastoral and academic standards within the context of a caring and supportive school community. Our Christian Values form a central part of our school’s culture and ethos. We are a lively and vibrant school at the heart of the community.
Due to the promotion of our current post holder, the Governing Body seek to appoint an ambitious, highly motivated and enthusiastic Deputy Head Teacher to help lead and be part of a committed staff team. Our school is currently undergoing significant expansion to create two new additional classrooms, a Nursery extension and a new outdoor Early Years area. This is due to our ever-increasing number on roll.
We are looking for a Deputy Head Teacher who will:
• Be passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and families in our school
• Have excellent leadership skills and experience
• Have the ability to inspire others through close teamwork and leadership
• Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to continue the school improvement journey
• Be ambitious for all our children with the highest expectations in teaching, learning, behaviour and attitudes
• Lead innovation and originality in creating learning opportunities and know how to negotiate the changing educational landscape, keeping us at the cutting edge
• Be an outstanding practitioner who is able to promote and share exemplary teaching and learning practice
• Can support the Christian ethos and help to develop the Christian distinctiveness of us as a Church of England Controlled Primary School
• Have boundless energy, resilience, ideas and very importantly, a good sense of humour
Applicants will need to provide leadership of a high quality in the academic, pastoral and management fields and be able to show evidence of the successful implementation of change.
Visits to the school have been arranged on Thursday 14 September at 4.00pm and Monday 18 September at 4.00pm.
Please phone the school to book a place on either of these visits.
Application forms and an information pack are available from and returnable to The Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services, c/o the School and Governor Support Service, Children and Young People’s Services, County Hall, Durham. DH1 5UJ, on receipt of a large s.a.e. or email SGSS.Administration@durham.gov.uk
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
?? Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12 noon, Monday 25 September 2017
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Disclosure form.
Please note that the Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009 apply to this position and therefore you are required to complete the ‘Disqualification by Association’ declaration form. Should you be successful in your application for this post, your appointment can not be progressed without this declaration.
THE POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE