If you would you like to work in a school described by Ofsted in January 2018 by the following statements:
• ‘Everyone at St Leonards is valued and their unique qualities celebrated. Positive and harmonious relationships are the norm and there is a tangible sense of belonging.’
• ‘Pupils enjoy coming to school and speak with pride about their school and personal achievements.’
• ‘Morale at the school is high.’
• ‘Staff who fully support the drive for improvement.’
• ‘The headteacher is ably supported by other senior leaders, who together form a strong team.’
Then read on.
Role: Deputy Headteacher
Pay Scale: L7 – L11
Start Date: September 2019
We are dedicated to providing a curriculum that meets the needs of all our pupils. We celebrate outdoor learning and Forest School. The school excels in sport.
We are seeking an existing or aspiring leader to play an integral role in helping us on our journey to becoming a sustainably outstanding school by:
• Being innovative in supporting pupils and staff meet their potential
• Working closely with the Core SLT to deliver excellent outcomes for our pupils
• Making a positive contribution to the wider life and well-being of the academy
• Working within the Christian ethos of the academy
We are very clear that the successful candidate will have a very sharp focus on outcomes and therefore will not have whole class teaching responsibility. Equally, we are clear that the successful candidate will possess the confidence and capacity to take on a range of senior roles as part of their leadership responsibilities.
Situated in the coastal town of St Leonards -on- Sea, we are a Church of England mixed academy and part of the Diocese of Chichester Academy Trust’s (DCAT) family of four schools in the area.
If you would like to speak to the headteacher or arrange a visit, please contact Amanda Thomas, Office Manager on 01424 422950 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the Diocese of Chichester Academy Trust, please visit www.dcat.academy.
Completed applications should be sent to Amanda Thomas, email@example.com by 12noon on Monday 22nd April 2019.
Shortlisting will take place on Tuesday 23rd April 2019.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 29th April 2019.
St. Leonards Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to preventing extremism. St Leonards CE Primary Academy expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. St Leonards CE Primary Academy is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept CV’s by way of application.