The Marches Multi-Academy Trust is in an exciting place in its development. Are you ready to join and contribute to the way forward?
‘Achievement through Caring’ is our core belief at The Marches Academy Trust and it is central to all that we do. Our schools are forward-thinking, innovative and striving to ensure that young people make the very most of their learning adventure and are equipped with the skills required to prosper in the 21st Century.
Our Teaching School, The Alliance of Leading Learning is a school led inclusive partnership representing all phases and school contexts nationally and internationally.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Deputy Headteacher to join our successful team. We are seeking innovative and motivational teachers with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. An ability to teach English to A Level is essential. We are looking for a passionate and inspirational professional who would enjoy working in an exciting and rewarding environment and is prepared to contribute fully to school life. Please note that you may be required to work across other schools in the Academy Trust if required.
The successful applicant will lead the English Department in line with the school’s vision and strategic objectives whilst being part of the senior leadership team. The post will be based at The Marches School.
We are looking for a candidate who:
· Hold at least 5 years’ teaching experience (secondary)
· Proven track record of developing English and working strategically across a school
· A passion for English, understanding how language and literature can transform young people’s lives
· An Outstanding teaching ability
· Think creatively to anticipate and solve problems
· Have a commitment to and have contributed to the effective raising of standards
· Possess successful experience of visioning, planning and implementing change
· Record of effectively line managing other staff
· Currently a member of a leadership team with a proven track record of successfully developing others
· Excellent leadership, motivational and communication skills
· Display a caring attitude towards staff, students and parents
· Have high expectations of self and others
At The Marches School we can offer:
· An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering pupils a strong core entitlement in English, Mathematics and Science
· National and International CPD opportunities as part of our teaching Alliance (ALL)
· A full extra-curricular programme with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
· Excellent resources and facilities
· An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
· Hard working students
· An excellent opportunity to further develop your career
There will be an opportunity for those interested in applying, to visit the school on Tuesday 17th April. If you would like to attend on this day or if you have any other queries, please email Julia Hipkiss, HR Administrator on Hipkiss.email@example.com
Further information and application forms can be found on the school website. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Thursday 20th April 2018.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th April 2018.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.