The Governors are seeking to appoint a dynamic and forward-thinking practising Catholic teacher to assume a lead role in furthering the success of this thriving school.
St John Payne is a Coeducational Voluntary Aided Catholic Comprehensive school for 1150 students aged 11 to 18, including 200 in the Sixth Form. The school enjoys an excellent reputation at GCSE and A Level and also for its pastoral work.
The role will encompass all aspects of school leadership. The successful applicant will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a proven record of school improvement at senior level. This will comprise:
• leadership of teaching & learning
• raising attainment and improving progress
• establishing accountability via line management to develop leadership
• improving provision through support and expectation
• leading and shaping strategic direction
• the ability to work both collegiately and independently
• the ability to analyse and evaluate evidence
• excellent motivational skills, combined with personal drive and commitment
• commitment to our vision of Catholic education, placing faith at the heart of school life
• the potential to develop and progress to Headship*
*The successful applicant must prove that they can elicit the trust and confidence of staff, parents & carers, Governors and Clergy; and will demonstrate the experience, assurance and credibility required to deputise for the Headteacher in all aspects of leadership.
For an application pack please contact the school office or follow the link from the Vacancies section of our website www.sjp.essex.sch.uk. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs G Daly firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 20th January 2020
Interviews: Monday 27th January 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and fitness to work declaration.