Following the promotion of the current post holder to Headteacher, the Governors are seeking to appoint an individual with the energy, drive, enthusiasm and ambition to be Deputy Headteacher. This is a unique opportunity to work as part of a forward thinking leadership team, helping lead a successful and expanding school towards outstanding, as we increase the school roll by two forms of entry starting in September 2018.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational and enthusiastic leader with the ability to energise and motivate others
• Be committed to continuing to raise standards with a proven commitment to learners and staff
• Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a ‘can do attitude’
• Be able to enhance the performance of a highly successful school
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills
• Be a strategic thinker
We will offer:
• Students who thrive within our inclusive ethos and enjoy school
• Staff who are committed, hardworking and highly motivated
• Supportive governors who work in a positive partnership
• Opportunities and experiences in preparation for the next stage in your career
West Hatch is a thriving, heavily oversubscribed innovative school. Proud of its success with significantly above average results. Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, we are always striving for improvement. We are keen to appoint an outstanding individual with a positive outlook and a proactive attitude- someone who will lead, enthuse and enrich the lives of the learners and staff with whom they work.
The specific responsibilities will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate and alignment with our existing strengths. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate successful impact in one of the following areas:
• Teaching & learning and assessment
• Raising standards and data
• Behaviour, safety and ethos
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in the commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references. Further details about this post and an Application Form are available by visiting our school website.