Leader of Learning – Core aspect of school life
Are you an ambitious and inspiring leader who is passionate about teaching and learning? As a school we are growing and as a result we are now in a position to develop our leadership team by adding a Deputy Head role and two Assistant Head roles. We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher to join our strong and supportive Senior Leadership Team.
Whitehall Park school opened with just two Reception classes in September 2014. Each year, two more classes join our expanding Whitehall Park family. We now have Reception to Year 4. Our vision is to become an outstanding school. Are you an innovative, self-managing individual with a range of key skills who can make a difference to our school? Join our vibrant team of dedicated professionals who are committed to ensuring EVERY child succeeds within a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
We are seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher who will lead a core aspect of school life, be that teaching, learning and assessment or community, pastoral and additional needs or curriculum. Do you have extensive experience across all key stages and are ready to make a difference to a whole school? Under the overall direction of the Headteacher, the right candidate will play a lead role in formulating the aims, objectives of the schools and establishing the policies through which they are to be achieved, be responsible for the standards and curriculum of all pupils including monitoring of progress towards achievement and will proactively manage staff and resources.
We are looking for:
- Someone who will take full responsibility in the absence of the Headteacher
- Someone who will be an excellent role model, exemplifying a high standard of teaching and promoting high expectations for all members of the school community.
- Can lead a core aspect of school life, e.g. teaching, learning and assessment; SEN, Pastoral and Additional needs; community and Partnerships
- Someone who will lead the processes involved in monitoring, evaluating and challenging the quality of teaching and learning taking place throughout the school, including lesson observations to ensure consistency and quality
- The ability to take responsibility and accountability for identified areas of leadership, including statistical analysis of pupil groups, progress data and target setting
If you are ready for a new and exciting challenge we will offer you:
- A competitive salary, plus benefits to attract the best
- A positive and innovative working environment with excellent CPD opportunities.
- A strong and growing network of partner schools, driving up standards and providing valuable support to staff.
If you have the skills, experience and drive to be successful in this role, please go to the recruitment section on our school website ad download an application pack. Once done, please email your application to Marion Piacenza (office manager) on email@example.com .
Telephone calls, questions, emails and school tours are firmly encouraged. For more information, please email Marion Piacenza at firstname.lastname@example.org
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, pre-employment and DBS checks. Whitehall Park School will welcome a diverse population of both children and staff and is committed to promoting and developing equality of opportunity in all its functions.
Closing date: Wednesday 20th March 2019
Shortlisting: Friday 22nd March 2019
Interview: W/C 25th March 2019