The Governors of West Lodge Primary School are looking for applications from imaginative and enthusiastic applicants, who will work alongside the Headteacher to maintain and build upon the school’s high standards. West Lodge Primary School is a welcoming, caring and high achieving three form entry school in the heart of the vibrant, exciting community of Pinner. We have 648 pupils on roll and the school has an excellent reputation within the local community. The school has an additionally resourced provision for pupils on the autistic spectrum.
We are a friendly, dynamic, creative and inclusive school with all children’s needs at the forefront of our practice. At West Lodge we thrive on challenge, think creatively and have a strong learning culture. The appointed candidate will lead a strong staff team to maintain the highest standards of education, alongside excellent pastoral care for all children.
The ideal candidate will have the highest expectations for all pupils, particularly those with SEND and:
- Has the skills to inspire, motivate and effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Has proven experience within school leadership.
- Is flexible, enthusiastic and visionary.
- Has experience of identifying, implementing, monitoring and evaluating effective learning and teaching strategies for pupils with SEND.
- Has extensive knowledge of working with pupils with emotional, behavioural and social difficulties and is fully committed to inclusion for all children.
- Works effectively with multi-agency teams to accurately identify pupils’ special educational needs and implement support to meet those needs.
- Will be able to implement measures to develop positive mental health.
- Understands effective safeguarding procedures within a large school.
In return we can offer you:
- A friendly, hard-working team of staff with a strong learning culture and team ethic.
- A vibrant, diverse and aspirational school community.
- Highly motivated, cheerful and enthusiastic children.
- A range of excellent opportunities for professional development.
- A pro-active, highly skilled and supportive Governing Body.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged through school. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Application packs can be obtained from Miss Neha Lakhani, School Business manager or downloaded from the school website: www.westlodge.harrow.sch.uk
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 9am Thursday 22nd February 2018
Interviews will be held during the week beginning Monday 26th February 2018
The successful applicant will take up his/her post in September 2018.
West Lodge is an equal opportunities employer.