Golborne and Maxilla Nursery Schools joined together in a federation in April 2013. Both schools are located on one site and are situated in a lively, culturally diverse part of North Kensington. We offer 60 full-time equivalent places across both schools, in addition to 20 places for children aged 2- 3. The schools achieved “outstanding” at their most recent Ofsted and are oversubscribed and popular with families in the local communities. Children attend either full time or part time and before and after school and holiday care are also offered.
We are looking to appoint a Deputy Head to play a key role in the leadership, management and development of the schools, with a specific brief to lead the 3s-5s team in providing a stimulating learning environment
This post would be suitable for a candidate with significant EYFS experience in a nursery school (e.g. teacher, senior teacher or assistant head teacher) or primary school (e.g. EYFS Co-ordinator or assistant head teacher).
You must have an understanding of the unique role of the nursery school and a commitment to play-based learning in the Foundation Years, inside and outdoors. You will understand the importance of promoting children’s emotional wellbeing and social development. You will have strong skills as a teacher, together with the ability to support the development of a strategic vision and the skills to put that vision into practice. The federation is strongly committed to working closely with parents and carers, celebrating the strengths of our diverse community, and making a positive difference to the lives of young children.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent Foundation Years teacher with a strong understanding of appropriate pedagogy for the early years.
- Is dynamic and committed to the continuous development of the schools.
- Staff, children and families find approachable.
- Is enthusiastic about bringing new ideas to develop, support and inspire our children, families and staff team.
- Has excellent ICT skills for data inputting data and tracking pupil progress.
- Is an excellent communicator and leader with good organisational skills.
- Is adaptable and prepared to meet future challenges.
We are able to offer the successful candidate:
- Excellent opportunities for ongoing training, development and professional learning.
- The opportunity to work in a welcoming, caring and vibrant environment.
- An innovative free flow, exciting indoor and outdoor environment.
- A knowledgeable, supportive and dedicated team of staff.
- A highly committed governing body.
- A provision that is well resourced and widely acknowledged as outstanding and at the cutting edge of early years practice.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced DBS disclosure in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please telephone Golborne and Maxilla to make an appointment.
For an application pack, please email Vanessa.firstname.lastname@example.org or
telephone: 020 8968 5622
Closing Date for applications: 30th January 2018
Interviews: 8th February 2018
Golborne and Maxilla Federated Nursery Schools
Head Teacher: Veronica Hilliard
Golborne and Maxilla
2a Bevington Road