Barden Primary School is looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and inspiring leader with high expectations to be our Deputy Headteacher. This is a very exciting time in Barden's development and we are looking for a talented and hardworking individual who will innovatively lead in developing strategy for the future potential of the school at all levels. We are proud to have recently achieved a 'good' judgement in our Ofsted inspection (April 2019).
The successful candidate will:
- have successful experience as an inspirational Senior Leader in a primary school
- have a passion for outstanding learning, inspiring pupils and colleagues to be the best they can be
- have the skills to innovate, lead and motivate all stakeholders to build further sustainable success
- be committed to creating a caring environment that promotes academic, creative and personal achievement, alongside spiritual and moral development
- have high expectations of themselves, colleagues and pupils and the energy and determination to make a difference.
In return, Barden Primary School offers:
- wonderful children who have great work ethic and are proud of their school
- a hard working and committed staff team that will support and encourage you
- dedicated and supportive governors
- an amazing, modern school environment located on a campus with access to fantastic facilities (such as a swimming pool, climbing wall, multiple sports halls, library, community café, running/athletics track).
There is some flexibility regarding the specific responsibilities of the role depending on the experience, skills and strengths of the successful applicant. It is anticipated that this role will entail no more than a 50% teaching commitment. We do not have any preference regarding subject specialism.
We are very proud of our open door policy and all interested parties are strongly advised to visit the school before applying. Please phone the school to arrange a time to come and look round and to meet the staff and children. We look forward to meeting you!
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
Interview date: 16 October 2019.
Application forms can be downloaded online or can be requested from/returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 - details of any criminal record spent or unspent should be sent to the chair of governors at school address by the closing date. Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the application form attached.
Closing date: 23 September 2019.