Deputy Head Teacher
Leadership Scale L8 - L12 (£47266 - £52154)
Rawdon St Peter’s C of E VC Primary School
“This is a good school. Pupils of all ages make good progress from their individual starting points in reading, writing and mathematics and reach above average standards by the end of Year 6.” Ofsted June 2014
At Rawdon St. Peter’s C of E Primary School we seek to provide all our pupils with an educational experience of the highest quality that will UNLOCK EVERY CHILD’S POTENTIAL. We are an inclusive school, proud of our partnership with the North West Special Inclusive Learning Centre.
Rawdon St. Peter’s is a voluntary controlled Church School situated in the North West of Leeds close to Leeds and Bradford Airport. As a Church school we recognise the importance of developing pupils’ spirituality and moral code within the context of the Christian community and faith. Our five Key Christian Values decided on by the whole school community are:
- Love and Friendship
The Position of Deputy Head for Sept 18
The pupils, staff, governors and wider community including St Peter’s Church are seeking to recruit for September 2018, an outstanding, inspirational and child friendly Deputy Head Teacher who will continue to help to develop our school from Good (June 2014) to Outstanding.
The successful candidate would:
· Be an inspirational leader, motivator and classroom practitioner.
· Work with the head teacher and Governing Body to provide strategic leadership and vision that promotes the achievement and wellbeing of the children and the continuing professional development of the staff.
· Have experience of leading school improvement priorities and planning strategically.
· Would be expected to have high expectations of behaviour and attainment and a sound understanding of how pupils learn. An ability to foster positive relationships with all pupils is essential.
· Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills that build professional relationships and develop and support colleagues.
· Have the personal resilience required to deal with their workload and the varied demands of the role.
We can offer you:
· Happy, confident, enthusiastic and hardworking children who enjoy the challenge of learning.
· A forward thinking, organised and supportive Headteacher and a dedicated and highly talented team of committed staff.
· A supportive and fully involved Governing Body.
· Opportunities for personal professional development.
The appointment will be subject to a satisfactory completion of our 'Safer Recruitment' process and a satisfactory pre-employment Health Declaration being received. Candidates are welcome to visit the school on the mornings of Friday 12th or Friday 19th January 2018, please contact the school office to inform us of your preferred date. The closing date for applications is Monday 22nd January 2018. Interviews and lesson observations are to be held w/c Monday 19th February 2018.
Please apply using the LCC application form and e-mail to: