Dovery Down Lower School – Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
Deputy Headteacher required for January 2018
Leadership range L3 – L7
Dovery Down Lower School is a popular and successful school catering for 150 pupils aged 3-9 years, as well as pre-school provision for up to 52 children.
Judged as ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED (March 2007), the Headteacher and Governors are looking for an ambitious, dedicated, inspirational and enthusiastic professional to assist in the leadership of the school.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and aspirational individual. The Deputy Headteacher will take up post from January 2018.
This is an excellent opportunity for:
· An outstanding and dynamic teacher who inspires by example.
· A passionate and caring practitioner with high expectations of achievement and dedication to maintaining a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment which reflects the school commitment to safeguarding and equality.
· A strategic thinker who will work alongside the Headteacher to provide challenge and support in order to implement positive change.
· A forward thinking leader who can meet the challenges of a changing national picture in special needs and disabilities.
· A leader of learning who is committed to raising standards and to ensuring that all children achieve their full potential.
· A manager and team leader who possesses excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
· A professional able to work in partnership with parents, carers, staff, governors and the community.
· A creative, fun and energetic person to join our happy team.
The Headteacher and Governors welcome applications from teachers with relevant experience of Senior Leadership and the role of SENDCO.
Our new Deputy Headteacher will receive dedicated leadership time to support them in their school development and SENDCO work.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the school (please contact the school office to arrange a visit) or contact Debra Brewster, the Headteacher for more information and to arrange a visit.
Due to this post having access to children, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date: 29th September 2017
Interview Date: 17th October 2017