St Edward’s is a vibrant, multi-cultural Teaching School with a strong Catholic ethos embedded in all we do. We are proud of our positive, caring atmosphere and strong commitment to learning, inclusion and the arts. We have a reputation for creating a visually stimulating learning environment to which all staff contribute. As a Teaching School, we work closely with an alliance to support other schools within Newham, neighbouring Local Authorities and across the Diocese of Brentwood.
Due to the promotion of our Teaching School Lead to headship, the governors of St Edward’s are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Deputy Head, who is a practicing Catholic; has a passion for teaching and learning plus be able to further develop our Teaching School Alliance.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practicing Catholic, with a clear vision and belief in Catholic Education.
- Be committed to ensuring that every child has the best outcomes achievable from their education.
- Have the ability to continue the strategic development of the school and Teaching School.
- Have a commitment to working collaboratively with colleagues, parents and governors.
- Have the ability to inspire the very best learning and teaching through exemplar classroom practice and subject knowledge.
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Have excellent mentoring skills.
- Have a proactive ‘’can do’’ approach to tasks.
- Have a vocational attitude to work.
We can offer you:
An ‘outstanding’ school with a reputed history for excellence.
A strong SLT, plus a friendly, committed and dedicated staff team.
Children who are motivated, aspirational and enthusiastic about their learning.
Supportive parents, governors and parish community.
Effective professional development to support you on your path to headship.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to become part of a successful and highly motivated team.
We welcome visits from applicants. Please contact the school by telephone or email to arrange an appointment with Christopher Mabey– Headteacher
Application form and further details please apply on line at http://ats-npw.jobsgopublic.com/vacancies/view/31721-deputy-head-teacher?source=597-tes-online.
For technical enquires please call 020 8249 6946. For any other enquiries please contact the school directly.
Closing date: Friday 5 May 2017.
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 9 May 2017.
Interview date: Tuesday 16 May 2017.
The schools in Newham are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A disqualification declaration questionnaire maybe required for this post.
NPW, managing recruitment on behalf of Newham Schools
ST. EDWARD’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY TEACHING SCHOOL
Green Street, Upton Park,
London E13 9AX
Group 3, NOR 472