About our school
Our school is within easy travelling distance from Norwich, Suffolk and surrounding areas. We are a friendly, successful and vibrant two-form entry primary school situated on a large well -resourced site with an impressive outdoor environment. We achieved GOOD judgements in all areas of our OFSTED inspection in 2017 and our team continue to set high standards and expectations for children’s academic achievements as well as offering a supportive, caring and creative learning environment. Our Nursery, Reception and key stage one children enjoy weekly Bushcraft sessions in our wonderful woodland area and all children enjoy a creative music and PE curriculum led by specialist teachers. The school benefits from good support from parents and the local community. There are currently 406 children on roll.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, experienced and ambitious Deputy Headteacher with high expectations of themselves and others and who is ready to play a key role in the overall leadership, management and further development of Woodlands Primary Academy. This role is essentially a non-teaching post but you will be required to demonstrate high quality teaching in a mentoring and coaching role and cover on a short-term basis across the primary age range, if required.
As a member of the senior leadership team you will provide support to the Headteacher in the performance of their duties by assisting and where necessary deputising in the leadership and management of school. In addition, you will support the management and development of the school curriculum and learning and teaching provision in order to promote improved educational outcomes for the children.
We are looking for:
• Effective leadership and management skills
• An exemplary practitioner with the ability to coach and develop colleagues
• A commitment to adapting and leading change in our flourishing and ever improving school by raising standards of education and accelerating the performance and achievement of our pupils
• Experience in leading assessment, tracking and monitoring
• Commitment to raising children’s aspirations
• Ability to inspire and motivate colleagues, pupils and parents
• A creative and innovative approach
• A commitment to improving life chances for pupils
• A commitment to keeping Children Safe in Education
We can offer:
• Excellent professional development opportunities
• Opportunity to work with highly committed colleagues; within the school and across Creative Education Trust.
• Happy, highly motivated, enthusiastic and well behaved pupils
• Support and challenge from Creative Education Trust Governing Body
• Well-resourced learning environment
• Opportunity to innovate, inspire and lead
• Strong links with the local community and beyond
• Supportive parents and PTA
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged. Potential candidates are invited to contact Bev Jermy at the school to arrange a convenient date.
Application forms and further details are available from: email@example.com or download from here.
Closing date: Wednesday 15 May 2019 at 17:00.
Interviews: Wednesday 22 May 2019.