Brooklands is a specialist school providing high quality education for pupils with a wide range of complex needs. Our pupils are aged from 2 - 19. We pride ourselves in recognising the specialist talents and skills that our pupils bring to our community, and with great knowledge and expertise, we work to ensure they achieve all that they can.
We are excited to welcome a Deputy Headteacher at a time of rapid change and development in our school.
If you are the right person for us, you will have:
- A commitment to prioritising relationships and excellence in all areas of your work
- The vision and enthusiasm to further improve our school, in particular to drive our highly personalised and dynamic curriculum
- Proven leadership qualities which inspire all to achieve their best
- High expectations of pupil achievement
- A successful school improvement track record of driving excellence in teaching and learning
- A commitment to the professional development of all staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An outstanding classroom practitioner, and the ability to model this in a range of classes throughout school
In return we offer:
- A school with relationships at its core
- A warm and welcoming school with pupils who enjoy learning
- An inclusive school which strives to meet the needs of all our children and young people
- A team of dedicated and committed staff, led by a dynamic headteacher and Governors who are willing to learn and develop with you
- An excellent opportunity for you to make a difference at our school
Brooklands is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for appointment to this post.
Closing date: 12.00 p.m. Sunday 28 January 2018
Shortlisting: Tuesday 30 January 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 7 February and Thursday 8 February 2018
Visits to School: Wednesday 17 January 1.00 – 3.00 p.m. or Friday 19 January 9.30 – 12.00 a.m.
We welcome visits to school. To arrange a visit on either of the above dates, please contact Maria Swain, SBM, on 01756 794028 firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this post, please follow this link: http://bit.ly/2mrmvA6