An exciting leadership opportunity has arisen at this very successful secondary special school. We are seeking a deputy headteacher to take responsibility for teaching and learning.
Sir Tom Finney Community High is a community special school for pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties and disabilities. Our school moved to its current spacious and well-equipped site in 2015 and is now at the heart of the local community in East Preston. We take great pride in all the achievements of our students and in the very effective partnerships we have established.
Our dedicated and enthusiastic staff work collaboratively to provide a lively, nurturing environment that meets the individual needs of pupils and supports their learning and development in preparation for adulthood.
We are looking for a deputy headteacher who:
- shares our passion in ensuring every student succeeds and achieves the best possible outcomes
- Is enthusiastic about evaluating pupils' progress
- demonstrates enthusiasm and professional drive to contribute to the school's future development, working in partnership with all stakeholders
- has strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate, inspire and motivate
- understands the wide and challenging range of special educational needs found in a generic special school
We can offer you:
- a successful and thriving school
- supportive colleagues, parents and governors
- a commitment to continued professional development
- happy students who are proud of their school and enjoy their learning experiences and achievement
Informal, pre-application visits are welcomed and can be arranged by telephoning the school office on 01772 795749.
Proposed interview date: Wednesday 10 January.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exceptions) Act 1975. If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service for a 'disclosure' and undertake the full range of safeguarding checks.
Informal discussion: For an informal discussion about the post, contact the headteacher on 01772 795749.
Interview date: 10 January 2018.
Application forms and further details can be downloaded online. Completed application forms must be returned to email@example.com. Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 - details of any criminal record spent or unspent should be sent to the Chair of Governors at the school address by the closing date.
Shortlisting date: 19 December 2017.
Closing date: 15 December 2017 at 12 noon.