Imagine schools with a variety of educational pathways where the skills of achievement, such as literacy, critical thinking, numeracy, discipline and work ethic are taught alongside the skills of wellbeing, such as confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love. Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai. We have been delivering high quality education provision to young people for over two decades.
Our Positive Education schools foster active engagement in learning and activities. We celebrate positive emotions and accomplishments, encourage students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives
We set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and in co-curricular participation. Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom. Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident life-long learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever -changing world.
We present an exciting opportunity to join one of our all-through schools, to play an important part in our journey to “outstanding”. Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle. Sunmarke offers the National Curriculum for England & Wales, followed by GCSE / IGCSE at Key Stage 4, and the A ‘Level & IB Diploma programmes at Sixth Form.
We are looking to appoint an experienced and inspirational leader with the knowledge, vision and enthusiasm to further enhance our dynamic team to help us drive up standards in our continual journey towards excellence. The Deputy Headteacher will work closely with the Primary Headteacher, to provide a creative, stimulating and inclusive learning environment in which all children can achieve their fullest potential.
• The Deputy Headteacher should hold as a minimum, a B.Ed. or B.A & PGCE / PGDE or equivalent. Tertiary qualifications such as NPQH or NPQSL is desirable but not essential;
• Outstanding Leader with a minimum of 5 years of leadership and management experience as a Senior Leader or Middle Leader in a Primary phase with a proven track record of school improvement; improving teaching and raising standards in a demanding environment;
• A commitment to deliver on the Board of Directors educational vision for the school, and work along with the Primary Headteacher to shape the school’s strategic direction in leading the school on its journey to outstanding;
• A creative practitioner and a highly effective leader who leads by example and can inspire and motivate & develop excellence in others through coaching and mentoring
• Has extensive knowledge and leadership experience of using data, monitoring & self-evaluation to promote improvement
• Build and develop highly effective teams, organisational structures and academic processes with an ability to delegate work and support colleagues in undertaking their responsibilities;
• Ability to build and maintain good relationships
• Ability to remain positive and enthusiastic when working under pressure
• Ability to organise work, prioritise tasks, make decisions and manage time effectively
• Candidates from the independent sector are welcome to apply;
• Excellent tax-free salary
• Furnished Accommodation
• Baggage Allowance
• Medical Insurance
• Annual Air-Ticket and paid vacations
• State-of-the art facilities and amenities in a newly built campus in a prime location in Dubai
• An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents and Board members, who are dedicated to maximise student achievement for each and every child, and to create positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
• Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues
• Excellent professional development
• Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought after work and travel destinations
If you have the passion, energy and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young staff & students, then get in touch. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role within our future growth plans.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting: http://forteseducation.com/Careers/Current-Openings
Interviews will take place either face to face in the UK / Dubai or by video conferencing.
Application Closing Date 26th March, 2018
Appointment Start Date: Mid-Aug 2018
* Fortes Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Please note that should your application be successful an International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) will also be required.