RAISING ACHIEVEMENT- STANDARDS & CURRICULUM
L19 – L23
Required from 1st Sept 2018 or sooner if possible
This is an outstanding opportunity for a proven leader to make a difference as Deputy Headteacher for Raising Achievement – Standards and Curriculum.
Sir John Thursby is an oversubscribed secondary school housed in a state of the art building with facilities to enable the very best teaching and learning to take place every day. Our students are at the centre of all we do and our staff have a passion for improving the life chances of the young people and the community we serve.
We have a strong reputation for developing new entrants to the profession, working with Teach First and PGCE students to nurture their talents.
We are looking for a driven and passionate leader with the inspiration, motivation, vision and expertise to:
· To develop, communicate and deliver the strategic vision for the school
· To provide dynamic and professional leadership and management of the school
· To ensure that achievement rises across all subjects due to effective analysis of student performance and through the delivery of an appropriate and inspiring curriculum
Further details and application form are available from the college website or Irene Hayhurst (on behalf of the Headteacher).
· Sir John Thursby Community College, Eastern Avenue, Burnley, BB10 2AT Tel: 01282 682313
· email email@example.com
· Website: www.sirjohnthursby.lancs.sch.uk
Closing date: 9am Friday 27th April 2018
Selection process date: Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th May 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.