Addington School is a forward looking all-age special school catering for pupils with a wide range of learning disabilities, many of whom also have associated sensory, motor, medical and behavioural needs.
We are an Investor in People and pride ourselves in our commitment to induction, professional development and on-going support to all our staff.
We have achieved Ofsted recognition for being an ‘Outstanding’ school.
An opportunity has arisen due to retirement, to join the Senior Leadership Team of our vibrant large Special School.
The post would suit someone new to Senior Leadership as well as those already in leadership wanting a fresh new challenge. Knowledge of SEND whether from a special or mainstream setting is essential.
We are looking for someone who excels in working within a team, is creative, has a sense of humour and is passionate about achieving excellent outcomes for our pupils.
In return, we will welcome you into an efficient Senior Leadership Team in which innovation, challenge and opportunities are embeddWe are a large all age Outstanding Special School on the edge of Reading in Woodley. Due to expansion, we have an exciting opportunity to appoint a Deputy Headteacher to join the leadership team of our school as it continue to provide the best outcomes for our children and young people.
You will be:
- An experienced senior / middle leader with a proven track record
- Experienced in the development of curriculum and assessment across age ranges for students with learning difficulties
- Able to inspire and enthuse staff, students and the community
- A professional with drive, energy and determination alongside a good sense of humour.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to join the leadership team of an Outstanding school
- An incredibly strong, talented and committed staff team
- A delightful student community
- Strong support from the Headteacher, Leadership Team and Governing body
- An environment where innovation, forward thinking and staff development are at the heart of what we do.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed - Please contact Sarah Turner on 0118 9669073.
For further information about our school or full details about this role, including an application form, please visit our website – http://addington.schooljotter2.com/vacancies – CV’s are not accepted.
Closing date: Noon, Friday 24 January 2020
Interviews: Thursday 6 February 2020
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.