Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos of ‘Pride in Achievement’ and enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community. The outstanding Sixth Form achieves impressive results year after year. We are seeking to appoint an experienced and inspiring senior leader who is committed to excellence.
The leadership team comprises two Deputy Headteachers, four Assistant Headteachers and the Business Manager. This post arises due the promotion of the current postholder to headship at Woodbridge High School from September. Each member of the senior team has a line management role as well as other responsibilities. The portfolio for the Deputy Headteacher post being advertised will be based on responsibility for strategic oversight of the school’s curriculum and timetabling, as well as aspects of the school’s daily logistics. Other responsibilities will be based on the strengths and aspirations of the successful candidate. The attached job description is indicative of the scope of the current postholder’s role.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong belief in comprehensive education
- Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes
- Be an innovative and inspirational leader
- Be committed to their personal and professional development
- Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos
- Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range
Woodbridge High School offers you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
- A welcoming and friendly staff body
- Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
- Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
- Access to state of the art sports and leisure facilities
- Tailored professional development and training
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary.
Further details about the school, about the post and an application form are available from the school either by phoning 020 8504 9618, or by e-mailing email@example.com or they can be downloaded from the website www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please contact Helen Dalby, Headteacher’s PA, as above to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Monday, 26th March 2018 at 9.00 am
Interview dates: Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th April 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week of the closing date. Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that time frame.
WOODBRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
a Specialist Language and Business & Enterprise College with Vocational Specialism
St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, Essex IG8 7DQ
Tel no: 020 8504 9618, Fax no: 020 8559 0487
Headteacher: Mr Andrew Beaumont, MA, BSc, NPQH
No. on roll 1712 (incl. 333 in Sixth Form)