Redwood Secondary School is a successful generic secondary special school for pupils aged 11-19 based on a co-located site with a mainstream secondary school. There has been a recent extension to the building of four classrooms including an ASC specific environment. Our latest Ofsted inspection in December 2016 judged the school to be ‘good with outstanding features’. We are looking for a colleague who will demonstrate a high level of commitment to our very special young people, in the future developments
We are seeking to recruit to the Leadership team a person who will:
- Have extensive experience and skill and be passionate in ensuring all our young people achieve to their personal best and reach their full potential in preparation for adulthood
- Be able to demonstrate outstanding classroom practice and be able to lead outstanding teaching and learning in a variety of settings
- Have excellent interpersonal, organisational, leadership and management skills
- Be able to demonstrate how their work has had a significant impact on the whole school as part of a senior leadership team
- Have a strong commitment to innovative curriculum development, pupil learning and staff development
- Have excellent leadership skills and be able to hold people to account
- Have the ability to relate to and communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and other key agencies
If you are a senior leader in either primary or secondary setting, with a successful track record of sustained improvement and a determination to maximise the opportunities available, then this role offers an excellent opportunity to challenge yourself in a new environment.
Highly motivated and driven, applicants should have the creativity and vision to inspire and support change but also the focus to ensure successful outcomes are reached. You will need a ‘can-do’ attitude that can inspire and engage learners, staff and our wider educational community. You will be part of an excellent team and will be given extensive support to develop to your full potential in this role and beyond. Applications from colleagues who meet the criteria are welcome from special school or mainstream settings.