Due to the relocation of our current Deputy Head, we have a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding individual to join our senior leadership team. The right person will bring with them a friendly, supportive manner that has a child centred focus to education.
In February 2015 we had our first Ofsted inspection since becoming an academy and this judged us to be ‘good’ in all areas.
We are in a very exciting position to be moving our academy from ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’ and the person appointed will be a key driver in this development. You will be fully included in the decisions being made including a whole school remodel.
Meadstead Primary Academy opened on 1 June 2013 replacing Royston Meadstead Primary School on the existing site under Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). Here at Meadstead Primary Academy we have a special and unique learning community that is proud to serve the village of Royston, and surrounding areas. The academy is a co-educational primary school and nursery with a capacity for 210 pupils plus 26 FTE nursery places and is one form entry throughout all stages. The academy hosts a Communication and Interaction Resource Provision (CIRP) which supports ten pupils from across the Local Authority area.
We welcome applications from existing senior leaders or middle leaders that can demonstrate a passion for being part of a team that will lead our school to become outstanding!
- Nurture and cherish the children, promoting their safety, wellbeing and learning
- Have a strong vision and ethos that supports our values and culture
- Be creative, enthusiastic and resourceful with a passion for teaching and learning
- Have a strong commitment to inclusion with high expectations for all learners
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner with the ability to inspire children to learn
- Have a ‘can-do’ approach to the challenges of leadership in an Academy like Meadstead
- Value the engagement of parents and the community
- Have a flair for analytical and strategic thinking in relation to Academy improvement
We can offer you:
- A ‘family’ school feeling at the heart of a thriving local community
- A chance to work within an Academy community (locally and nationally) that promotes outstanding practice
- A friendly supportive team of staff and governors
- Parents who value the school and children who have a thirst to learn
- A commitment to your ongoing professional development
- The opportunity to lead and contribute the exciting whole Academy developments on leadership, learning and assessment.
- Health and fiscal benefits associated with being an AET employee (see candidate pack)
If you feel you have the relevant skills, qualities, competencies and expertise and are energised by the prospect of being part of our leadership team, then we would love to hear from you!
We strongly encourage you to come and have a look around and are open to visits week commencing 5 March, 26 March, 9 April and 16 April 2018. To arrange, please contact Mrs Dalby by calling 01226 722153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
The date of commencement for this post will be September 2018.
Closing date: Tuesday 17 April 2018.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 25 April 2018.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
To apply for this post, please click on the 'quick apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-academy/initial-teacher-training for further details.