St Laurence C.of E. Primary School and Nursery is a welcoming, vibrant and inclusive school in Ludlow. We are currently looking for a Deputy Headteacher who has a proven track record of excellent classroom practice, who is child centred and will support our school values. We are a good/outstanding school (Ofsted, June 2018; SIAMS, June 2018) and we maintain high standards in all that we do. We are seeking a dedicated and ambitious individual who is looking to move into the next stage of their career.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have a proven experience of positively impacting on student progress and developing excellence across the school whilst maintaining our nurturing ethos
- Have expertise in monitoring teaching and learning with a thorough knowledge of all key stages
- Have the drive to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
- Have experience in data management and assessment
- Have a clear vision and understanding of improving performance at greater depth by the end of key stage 2.
Expertise in English and Music would be helpful but are not essential. The successful candidate would benefit from experience in Year 2 and/or Year 6 but again this is not essential.
Visits are warmly welcomed. To arrange an appointment or request an application pack please contact the school by email. Please do not send a CV, for the purposes of equal opportunities we can only accept Shropshire Council application forms - please ensure that all application documentation is returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5th February 2020
Lesson observation at your current school (if possible): 10th and 11th February 2020
Interview for final candidates: 12th February 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to satisfactory checks and references. An Enhanced DBS check will be sought from the successful candidate along with evidence of identity and right to work in the UK.