“Children skip into school in the morning and gaze with awe and wonder at the wide range of exciting activities on offer. The quality of the learning environment, both indoors and outside, is quite simply breathtaking and inspires children to learn.” Ofsted 2016
The Headteacher and Governors are seeking to appoint a dedicated, inspirational Deputy Headteacher for April 2018 (or sooner) to join our outstanding, happy and successful Nursery School. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, forward-thinking individual with a passion for education and inspiring a lifelong love of learning in our children.
This is an excellent opportunity for:
- An outstanding teacher with high expectations and a track record of excellence in improving pupil achievement
- A strategic thinker who is able to evaluate honestly and accurately and contribute to effective planning for school improvement.
- A manager and team leader with strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to lead by example to support and motivate colleagues
- A committed individual with excellent organisational skills and a positive, pro-active outlook.
- An experienced professional, able to work in partnership with pupils, parents, carers, staff, governors, outside agencies and the wider community.
You will benefit from:
Pupils who are enthusiastic and eager to learn
A dedicated, motivated staff team who are passionate about ensuring the very best opportunities for our children
A friendly and welcoming school community, A supportive and professional Governing Board
A commitment to professional development
Although not essential, we would particularly welcome applications from teachers with relevant experience of the role of SENDCO.It is planned that shortlisted candidates will be observed teaching and interacting with pupils in their own school during the week beginning: 27 November 2017. Formal interviews and specific evaluation tasks: Thursday 7 December.
Visits and informal enquiries prior to application are warmly welcomed and encouraged, and visits may be undertaken by prior arrangement with the Headteacher. Due to this post having access to children, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The closing date for applications: Monday 20 November at 4.00pm.
Applications to be returned to Katie Bennett at the school address or by email: email@example.com
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and clearance by the Disclosure Barring Service.