About our school
Harpfield Primary Academy is a successful one-form entry primary school in an area of rich cultural diversity.
Our children are encouraged to be open, friendly and honest and we aim to ensure that pupils make outstanding progress during their time with us. We pride ourselves on our close relationships with all our parents and carers.
Our vision for the curriculum is to challenge each child to reach their full intellectual, creative, physical and emotional potential through a fully integrated curriculum. We encourage ALL children to become independent, life-long learners by developing intellectual curiosity, a thirst for discovery and achievement, a sense of understanding and compassion for others and the courage to act on their beliefs. We strive to create a diverse community that fosters mutual respect and social responsibility, enhanced by a strong partnership between home and school.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, experienced and ambitious Deputy Headteacher with high expectations of themselves and others and who is ready to play a key role in the overall leadership, management and further development of Harpfield Primary Academy. You will be required to demonstrate high quality teaching and also act in a mentoring and coaching role across the primary age range. You will have up to 2 days out of the classroom.
As a member of the senior leadership team you will provide support to the Headteacher in the performance of their duties by assisting and where necessary deputising in the leadership and management of school. In addition, you will support the management and development of the school curriculum and learning and teaching provision in order to promote improved educational outcomes for the children.
We are looking for:
• Effective leadership and management skills
• An exemplary practitioner with the ability to coach and develop colleagues
• A commitment to adapting and leading change in our flourishing and ever improving school by raising standards of education and accelerating the performance and achievement of our pupils
• Experience in leading assessment, tracking and monitoring
• Commitment to raising children’s aspirations
• Ability to inspire and motivate colleagues, pupils and parents
• A creative and innovative approach
• A commitment to improving life chances for pupils
• A commitment to keeping Children Safe in Education
We can offer:
• Excellent professional development opportunities
• Opportunity to work with highly committed colleagues; within the school and across Creative Education Trust.
• Happy, highly motivated, enthusiastic and well behaved pupils
• Support and challenge from Creative Education Trust and the local Governing Body
• Well-resourced learning environment
• Opportunity to innovate, inspire and lead
• Strong links with the local community and beyond
• Supportive parents and PTA
Our Headteacher, Jemma Adlington, would be delighted to discuss this role with you and is available on Jemma.Adlington@harpfieldprimaryacademy.org.uk or 01782 234984
Closing date: Monday 24th May 2021 at 9am
Interviews: Thursday 27th May 2021
Creative Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake relevant safeguarding checks in line with Government safer recruitment guidelines
Harpfield Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years