The Livity School is a lively fun primary school for children with complex needs, including children with severe learning difficulties, autism and profound and multiple learning difficulties.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding special needs practitioner as Deputy Headteacher who will play a key role in supporting the Headteacher with the leadership and management of the school. This role represents an excellent opportunity for someone to use their deep understanding of and strong commitment to educating children with special educational needs and a rare chance to be directly involved in helping to develop the school from good to outstanding.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with experience of successful senior leadership, gained in special education, particularly individuals with:
- Substantial experience as a classroom practitioner, either in Independent or Maintained special education.
- Recent experience of working successfully in a special school for children with complex special needs.
- Experience of analysing pupil group data, tracking pupil progress and planning an appropriate course of action for whole school improvement.
- Evidence of major whole school impact and experience of turning policy into effective and successful practice.
- Ability to build and be part of a fully integrated team, where teaching, therapeutic and support staff with specific skills, can take the lead in projects and activities.
- Experience of developing a curriculum appropriate for pupils with complex learning needs.
- A clear and shared vision
- Strong supportive management
- Very high expectations
- An innovative and creative approach
- A first class and highly motivated staff team
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A proven track record of integration and communication links
- A focus on raising and maintaining standards for all our pupils
Our pupils are:
- Inspirational, complex, challenging and hungry to learn.
For further information and an application pack please download from the school website www.thelivityschool.co.uk
CVs ARE NOT ACCEPTED
To arrange a visit please contact Brenda McKenzie on 020 8769 1009 or email email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 8th May 2018 at 12:00 noon
Interview date: 15th May 2018
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an enhance Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/dbs and in the recruitment pack.
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all. www.lambeth.gov.uk
Positive Learning, positive life
The Livity School
Adare walk, Streatham, London SW16 2PW
Headteacher: Carol Argent