We are looking for an energetic, passionate leader to be Deputy Headteacher of Swavesey Village College (SVC) from September 2018. The successful candidate will be an ambitious, hardworking and talented senior leader with a proven track record of success. In collaboration with the Headteacher, you will encourage an infectious and confident culture of achievement that promotes excellence, inclusion and high expectations.
SVC is a fantastic place to teach, lead and develop personally: We are an outstanding, oversubscribed 11-16 non-selective school with a long track record of delivering successful outcomes for students and an inspiring curriculum which help develop young people.
As part of the growing Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT), Swavesey won the bid to promote a new secondary school in Northstowe, a new local town within the catchment area of SVC. This new Northstowe school which will open in September 2019.
Swavesey and CMAT can offer you:
· motivated staff and students in an oversubscribed, popular school with a strong community presence
· a post that will grow with you with the potential for future progression both within this role and in the wider trust
· working with a dynamic Headteacher and an experienced, supportive College Management Team
· the support of the wider trust network of experts and access to informal and formal professional development
· a successful Teaching School (CTSN www.camteach.org.uk) with a strong track record of staff development, ITTs and supporting other schools
· Attractive semi-rural location close to Cambridge and St Ives
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.
We welcome visits from candidates. If you wish to do so please contact Claire Newman Personnel Administrator email@example.com 01954 234461
For further information or to apply please visit the school website http://www.swaveseyvc.co.uk/page/?title=Work+For+Us&pid=303
The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Monday 26th February 2018. Please note that applications received after this time will not be accepted.
Shortlisting will be 28th February.
Interviews will be held on 6th and 7th March 2018.