We are an expanding, heavily oversubscribed 11-18 Church of England academy (NOR 974 including 196 in Sixth Form) with an overtly Christian ethos, serving the local community of Southfields in Wandsworth. We are at an exciting stage as we seek to appoint a second Deputy Headteacher to take overall responsibility for the Quality of Education - Teaching, Learning and Staff Professionalism.
We were judged ‘Good’ in our most recent Ofsted inspection (Jan 2018). The arrival of a new Headteacher in April 2019 has further emboldened our staff to drive school improvement further. We will be increasing our PAN from 150 to 180, with a £4m expansion of the site already underway.
You will be responsible for:
• Establishing and sustaining high-quality, expert teaching across all subjects and key stages, built on an evidence-informed understanding of effective teaching and how pupils learn
• Ensuring teaching is underpinned by high levels of subject expertise and approaches which respect the distinct nature of subject disciplines or specialist domains
• Creating a dynamic learning environment across the school, that utilises new technologies effectively
• Creating and sustaining a culture where staff work to the highest standards of professionalism. Ensuring the school takes a holistic approach to assessing and supporting the effectiveness of teaching and support staff
• Forging effective partnerships with educational organisations and charities etc. beyond the school that support the delivery of expert teaching
If you believe you have what it takes to be part of a school community that continues to move forward, delivering the very best education for all our young people, then we would like to hear from you.
In the first instance, please contact Liam Dowds, our Emmaus Leadership Advising Consultant who is assisting us with this recruitment, in complete confidence on 01737 652 043 or email@example.com to request an application pack.
Closing date: Monday 25th January at Noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday 27th January
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd February
We very much look forward to welcoming you.
Our school is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. DBS check required.
Saint Cecilia's Church of England School
Southfields, Wandsworth, London SW18
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
THE AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
Saint Cecilia’s Church of England School is a co-educational comprehensive school for pupils aged 11–18 years specialising in the teaching of Music and Mathematics.
As a Christian school, we are proud to declare that we...