The Governors and Executive Headteacher are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Deputy Headteacher who is passionate about inclusive, high-quality, early years’ education. This post is mainly based at Kintore Way with the opportunity for supportive visits to the Grove. Kintore Way is a very large Nursery School in the heart of Bermondsey, which has been judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. The Grove Nursery School is a small Nursery School with a beautiful garden, situated between Peckham and Camberwell. Both schools are highly regarded and valued for their inclusivity and expertise in supporting children with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities. We believe in promoting the ‘four C’s’ – curiosity, confidence, cooperation and creativity.
We are looking for a dedicated and inspiring Deputy Headteacher who will:
• Have an excellent understanding and knowledge of recent early years’ educational developments
• Be an outstanding teacher who is passionate about improving outcomes for children and their families
• Have the skills to play a key role in further developing the curriculum and quality of teaching and learning across the Federation
• Be an experienced leader with excellent interpersonal skills who can motivate, inspire and lead a diverse team
• Be committed to inclusive and anti-discriminatory practice
We can offer you:
• Children who are curious and excited to learn
• The opportunity to shape our vision
• Highly skilled and trained staff committed to providing the best care and education for young children
• A supportive and passionate leadership team
• The experience of working across a Federation to support the curriculum.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to visit by prior appointment.
Please contact Rebecca Sherwood, Executive Headteacher, for a discussion about the role and to arrange a visit. firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should also be emailed to email@example.com by the closing date and time.
Closing date: Monday 17th May 2021 9.00 am
Interviews: Friday 21st May 2021
This is a full-time post with a 0.6 teaching commitment
The Federation of Kintore Way Nursery School & Children’s Centre & The Grove Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We conduct value-based interviews. The successful candidate must demonstrate that they are fully committed to our safeguarding policies and procedures. All school posts are subject to pre-employment checks and references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity.
Kintore Way Nursery School and Children's Centre
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Early Years
- Students of mixed gender, age 0 - 5 years
Kintore Way was registered as a children’s centre in September 2006. It is situated at the heart of central Bermondsey and is rapidly becoming recognised as the flagship centre for the London Borough of Southwark.
The centre has excellent facil...