Kensington International Kindergarten seeks a highly motivated, dynamic and inspirational leader to join our welcoming and progressive school. As a member of the senior leadership team you will provide support to the Headteacher in the performance of her duties by assisting and where necessary deputising in the leadership and management of school affairs. In addition, you will support the management and development of the school curriculum, learning and teaching provision in order to promote improved educational outcomes
Kensington International Kindergarten is an award winning purpose built pre- school, located in West Bangkok and only a short distance to the BTS (Skytrain) with access to the city center. The area is full of greenery and has a tranquil atmosphere.
The school follows the EYFS and UK National Curriculum for children from Crèche to Key Stage 1 (18 months – 7 years).
Classrooms are purpose built and well resourced, with special in-door facilities such as a soft gym, library, ICT facilities and a room used for cookery classes. In addition out - door facilities are also purpose built and include a swimming pool, splash pool, sand pit, playground, racing track and gardening area.
The school aims to provide the highest standard of Early Years Education in Bangkok. We provide a small, friendly and professional community atmosphere, with Continuing Professional Development, for the teaching team, central to our priorities.
The atmosphere in the classes is one of warmth and security, a place where children can grow in confidence, ready to take on new challenges. Teachers work hard to create a stimulating environment through displays and by following the children’s interests.
The school embraces its community and parents play an active role. Parent participation is recognised as an integral part of the education process, they work closely with teachers to organise different cultural and social events during the year.
Bangkok is a vibrant, exciting city with rich cultural experiences. Thailand offers excellent leisure and travel opportunities and the cost of living is very reasonable. The country has year round sun and is a beautiful and safe place to work.
The position is for full-time only, commencing August 2017
We are seeking a leader with the following qualities;
- a passionate commitment to the achievement and well-being of all children
- proven positive impact on teaching and learning within their current and previous practice
- strong experience in leadership and working in a team, having led at least one age phase
- ambitious and resilient, with a desire to progress within a school leadership role
- a determination to further develop their own practice, and be enthusiastic about new challenges
- a focus on innovation with a positive attitude to change and development
- a highly effective communicator, who can build and maintain positive relationships with children, school staff, parents and others in the community
- an ability to implement creative approaches to learning and to inspire others
- a willingness to uphold and model the school’s values at all times (Open communication, Trust, Professionalism, Creativity, Raising the bar).
We can offer;
- happy, well-behaved, wonderful children who love learning and coming to school
- a creative environment where children are involved in great learning opportunities and experiences
- a school that understands its strengths and has a clear vision for future development
- a friendly, supportive, forward thinking, passionate and dedicated team of colleagues
- a supportive and energetic Board of Directors
- positive relationships and partnerships between all stakeholders
- opportunities to further develop your skills and expertise
- supportive continuous professional development and training opportunities
- the chance to retain a teaching commitment whilst giving you weekly dedicated deputy head time.
As Deputy Head Teacher you will:
- Be an excellent teacher and effective school leader
- Be a fluent English speaker
- Have a proven track record of making a significant and positive impact on the learning opportunities for children
- Be able to deliver high standards in all areas of the school
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a good team player
- Play a leading role in demonstrating the excellence of our school to stakeholders and within the local and wider community
You will need to have:
- A degree, or postgraduate qualification in education
- Qualified Teacher status
- Significant and relevant experience in teaching, educational leadership and school management
- Experience in a leadership role which emphasises good communication skills and cooperation
- A professional interest in, and knowledge about, recent educational developments and initiatives
- An understanding of the future competencies our learners will need and the skills to develop these through great classroom practice
- Proven success in curriculum management
- High standards and expectations of both yourself and others
- Experience of teaching the National Curriculum for England and the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Experience of teaching children with English as an additional language
- Qualities of respect and adaptability to engage with, and contribute to, the school and wider community
- 24 months renewable contract
- Competitive monthly salary.
- Free accommodation of fully furnished studio flat
- Annual round trip air-fare to the international airport of your home country (at actual cost or maximum up to THB 32,000).
- Gratuity Bonus
- Daily working days lunch
- Health insurance
- Teacher license and work permit is accommodated and funded
- An opportunity to be part of very professional team of educators
Note: * Employment terms and conditions to be agreed before accepting work aboard
**All successful applicants will be subject to reference checks, DBS checks and validation of qualifications
If you are suitably qualified and would like to be part of a professional and dedicated team that is committed to helping students reach their full potential, then we invite you to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Completed application form
- Current photo
Applicants who are short listed will be contacted for an interview by Skype (specific dates will be advised).