As our Academy continues to grow, we are now seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher who is highly ambitious for students, a strategic thinker who is committed to achieving high standards in all that they do, and has significant evidence of whole school impact.
You will be joining a vibrant staff and work in a fast paced and forward thinking environment. Judged by Ofsted to be ‘Good’ in May 2015, City Heights E-ACT Academy enjoys a growing reputation in the local community, with a high demand for places in Year 7. We have a warm and friendly school community, with a strong staff of talented professionals. However there is much still to do, in order to consolidate our ‘good’ practice and secure City Heights E-ACT Academy as a beacon of educational excellence in the South London area.
At City Heights E-ACT Academy, we are committed to achieving academic excellence. Our school has a unique ‘DNA’ which underpins all that we do:
- We believe in Outstanding Learning
- We believe that all can achieve
- We have high standards in all that we do
- We are all role models
The roles and responsibilities of the Academy Leadership Team will evolve and change. The starting responsibilities for the successful applicant will be matched to their skills and experiences.
As Deputy Headteacher, you will be committed to driving forward sustained school improvement at the Academy and as such you will have the knowledge and expertise to demonstrate that you will:
- Inspire, challenge and support others to enable them to achieve more than they thought possible;
- Be an outstanding leader, teacher and role model for all;
- Have a proven track record of leadership at middle or senior level;
- Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in every day practice;
- Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards;
- Drive the Academy’s vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances.
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed prior to applying by contacting the Executive Assistant to the Acting Headteacher, Karen Tempia on firstname.lastname@example.org .
City Heights E-ACT Academy is part of the E-ACT family of schools; a nationwide group of secondary and primary schools committed to securing excellence and creating social change for the students in our care.
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd May 2018 5pm.
Interviews: Thursday 24th May 2018.
To apply, please complete the TES online application
City Heights E-ACT Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all staff.