Employer: Genesis Education Trust
Location: Walthamstow or Barking
Closing date: 4:00 pm 25/02/19
Interviews/Task: 27th or 28th February 2019
Are you a confident and inspiring leader who is passionate about teaching and learning? We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Deputy Head Teacher to join our strong and supportive Senior Leadership Team.
Genesis Education Trust is an expanding collection of outstanding and good schools in East London with a fantastic track record of training and progression opportunities. As part of Genesis Education Trust we have lots of opportunities to work and support each other across sites. We are fully committed to professional development and as a Teaching School we are able to offer many exciting opportunities to further develop your leadership and educational interests. As a Church of England primary school the successful candidate will be able to follow the Christian ethos of the school.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner, who has the ability to share, model and demonstrate the key characteristics of effective teaching and learning. Leading positively, professionally and enthusiastically you will support the school in maintaining high standards across all phases.
You will play an integral role in coaching and developing staff through our innovative coaching model and you will support the Head Teacher in the logistical and strategical management of the school. Successful candidates must have previous experience of leadership either through being an Assistant Head Teacher or a Deputy Head Teacher.
Our new DHT will need to show:
• Successful teaching and leadership experience
• Commitment to schools improvement and raising achievement for all
• Skills to monitor, evaluate and report on standards of attainment, learning and teaching and data analysis
• Ability to self evaluate and self improve
• Detailed knowledge of teaching and learning and an ability to move the practice of others forward
• Experience of leading teams of staff
• Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues
• Effective communication skills to connect successfully with parents and the wider community
• Talent to think creatively and imaginatively, anticipating and solving problems
• Able to be part of Saturday achievement school.
• Ability to encourage constructive relationships between all members of the school community, promoting equal opportunity, as a flexible and positive leader
• Support for our Christian ethos and be able to continue the strong links with our churches
We can offer:
• A creative, welcoming and supportive team
• Outreach opportunities
• Close links with the church and local community
• Enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn
• Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues.
• A well informed and supportive governing body who are committed to the development of all staff
• Supportive parents with high aspirations of their children and our school
If you are ambitious, successful and excited by school improvement, please contact Alison Brown pn the contact details below to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
Miss Alison Brown