Inspirational Deputy Headteacher, Wandsworth, South West London
Employer Rutherford House School
Salary Leadership (L7 – 14)
Contract type Full time
Contract term Permanent
Closing date 10 a.m Thursday 16th May
Start date Monday 2nd September 2019
Rutherford House School is in its final year before becoming full. We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, forward thinking and pioneering Deputy Headteacher to assist us on our journey to outstanding. This is a unique opportunity for individuals with a proven track record of successful leadership. We are looking to appoint an individual with a positive outlook and a proactive attitude, ready to make a difference at a senior level.
If you are ready for a new and exciting challenge we will offer you:
• Children who are happy, well behaved and have a desire to learn. Our children are confident, articulate and future leaders
• Outstanding, forward thinking team with additional leadership opportunities across our seven Trust schools
• Strong middle and senior leaders who have successful underwent a successful Section 8 Ofsted inspection
• A focus on the professional development of all staff
• A competitive salary to attract the best
• No classroom responsibility – but provide year group support, intervention groups teaching and cover where necessary
• A positive and innovative working environment
• A strong and growing network of partner free schools, driving up standards and providing valuable support to staff.
What do we want from you?
• Commitment to deliver our School and Trust vision and values
• At least five years of middle leadership
• A reflective practitioner, with a strong desire to raising standards and igniting a love of learning
• A passion for teaching and the belief in sharing best practice to inspire and motivate others
• Enjoyment of working in a forward thinking, fast pace and developing school
If you want to help children learn, enjoy and succeed and have the ambition and enthusiasm to be successful in this role, we would love to hear from you. Application packs are available from: firstname.lastname@example.org or can be downloaded from our school website.
Please email your completed application form to: email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: 10a.m. Thursday 16th May
Shortlisting Date: Friday 17th May
Interview Dates: Wednesday 22nd or Thursday 23rd May
Start date: Monday 2nd September 2019
We encourage interested applicants to read our website carefully http://www.rutherfordhouseschool.co.uk/. You will quickly see that you are applying to an extremely creative, successful school with a clear ethos of achievement, continuity and enjoyment for our pupils.
Visits are warmly encouraged as you will have an opportunity to meet with Mrs Mallett (Headteacher) and have a tour of our wonderful school.
Please contact Ms Angela Smith to arrange an appointment on either 020 8672 5901 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of BPET and Rutherford House’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, all employees employed within schools are required to undergo an enhanced DBS check. Further details can be found on the Disclosure and Barring Services website https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Rutherford House School welcomes a diverse population of both children and staff and committed to promoting and developing equality of opportunity in all its functions.