Start Date: September 2017
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary: L19-L23 (£60,733 to £66,982)
Lymm High School is an 11-18 school with around 1900 students and exceptional resources, including 28 acres of beautiful grounds, a swimming pool, leisure complex and our own residential centre in Anglesey. A very good and well-established school already, we have made rapid progress over the past 18 months and have no intention of resting on our laurels. The potential here is immense and the successful applicant will have a key role in our continued development at a crucial time.
Following the appointment of the current postholder to headship, we are looking to appoint a deputy headteacher who has:
• A secure track record of delivering excellent levels of achievement, possibly as a head of department or an assistant headteacher with a direct role in raising standards
• Made a demonstrable impact in at least one senior leadership role already
• The energy, drive and resilience to make a tangible difference as the sole deputy head in a large and ambitious school
• The integrity, moral purpose, presence and emotional intelligence necessary to inspire confidence from staff, students and parents
• The potential to be a headteacher themselves within the next five years
The specific responsibilities will be decided according to the particular strengths of the successful candidate, but will initially be primarily focused on one or more of the following areas: the curriculum, timetable, raising standards, appraisal, leadership of heads of faculty, data analysis, assessment and/or CPD.
Please see the linked documents or our website for further details, including letters from the Headteacher and Chair of Governors. If, prior to submitting an application, you would like to see for yourself why we believe this is such a fabulous school in which to work and why the post itself is so exciting, then do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a visit.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this legal requirement. The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For further details and an application form please visit: www.lymmhigh.org.uk
Closing date for applications: 9am Friday 28th April 2017
Interview Dates: Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th May 2017
Application forms should be returned to: email@example.com
Please note that, due to the volume of applications we tend to receive, we will only be able to contact candidates who have been selected for interview.