Governors are seeking to appoint a strong, dynamic, creative individual with ambition and drive, who is passionate about improving the lives of young people. Joining an ambitious team with experienced and highly effective teachers, you will be given the opportunity to shape the future of young people in the Ormskirk Community. You will work together with a dedicated teaching and support staff, a Leadership Team which consists of a Headteacher, a Senior Assistant Head, 5 Assistant Heads and a School Business Manager.
We are very determined in our mission to transform the lives of young people and create outstanding life chances through educational achievement. We are looking for an innovative, outstanding teacher to inspire students of all ages and abilities.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding practitioner who can demonstrate their ability and experience in developing the classroom practice of others and leading school improvement projects at whole school level.
• Be an experienced senior leader with a proven track record of teaching and learning (with expertise in raising standards for High Prior Attainers and Disadvantaged learners).
• Have a passion for teaching and have the potential to inspire students and colleagues with a wide range of teaching and learning strategies.
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Be Resilient, selfless and totally committed to the success of our students.
• A successful school, over-subscribed for Year 7 places in the last five years and with strong academic performance and the capacity to improve still further.
• An outstanding school and college building genuinely at the heart of its community.
• An experienced, highly dedicated, energetic senior leadership team.
• Highly committed and talented staff, with the determination to make Ormskirk School the best it can be.
• Extremely motivated, welcoming, hard-working student body.
• Highly supportive parents and an insightful and supportive Governing Body.
Closing date: Friday 22nd March, at 12.00noon
Further details and an application pack are available on the school website: www.ormskirk.lancs.sch.uk
Informal school visits welcome, Thursday 14th March 2019 either 9.00am-10.30am or 2.30pm-4.00pm
Please contact Debbie Reece (DR@ormskirk.lancs.sch.uk ) to arrange.
Ormskirk School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school will take all necessary steps to check the suitability of prospective employees, an enhanced DBS will be sought and background checks will be made.
Ormskirk School is an equal opportunities employer.