“To guide and encourage students to be responsible, caring and confident in a climate of Gospel values where they can reach their full potential and celebrate each other’s success.”
The governors of this popular and ambitious Catholic school (roll 1502 including a sixth form of 289) are looking to appoint a dynamic Deputy Headteacher to contribute positively to this aspirational school as it continues on its journey of improvement.
The person appointed will:
- Be a practising Catholic fully committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
- Build upon the positive attitude of the students to continue to improve academic results.
- Have a proven track record in school improvement.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to encourage and sustain academic achievement and progress at all ability levels and key stages.
- Have a passionate commitment to meeting the academic and pastoral needs of all students.
- Motivate and engage with the students, staff and the community.
- Have the capacity to respond positively to the changing educational environment.
- Be an aspirational leader who will inspire, challenge and encourage staff
The school will offer:
- A truly comprehensive school that reflects the rich and diverse culture of the area.
- Staff dedicated to high quality learning and teaching.
- Supportive governors who work positively and constructively with staff, families and students.
- State of the art buildings with excellent IT facilities.
“This is a happy and welcoming school. Pupils, staff and parents agree that it feels like belonging to an extended family.” - Ofsted 2019
Informal visits to the school prior to application can be arranged by contacting Debbie Dale, Headteacher’s PA, on 01902 368798 Ext. 1004, or by email to:
Further details and application forms are available on our website or by contacting Debbie Dale, Headteacher’s PA, on: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 24th February 2020.
Interviews: 2nd and 3rd March 2020.
Commitment to safeguarding
St Thomas More Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share that commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.