Start Date: September 2018
Anglesey is a larger than average primary school in Burton upon Trent with over 25 languages spoken amongst the student population. In its most recent OFSTED, Anglesey was rated ‘Good’ and is now looking to sustain improvements made and move towards Outstanding!
We are enormously proud and privileged to serve the children and families of our community. Anglesey is a happy, warm and nurturing environment for all within it and every member of our team is striving towards creating the outstanding school that our families deserve. Ours is a very special learning community, filled with dedicated and talented staff, where all students, whatever their ability and background, will flourish. We care enormously about our pupils and work hard for them. We serve an area of high socio-economic deprivation which as well as bringing challenges, is extremely rewarding. We are seeking an inspirational leader who shares our vision of improving life chances.
We are looking for an exceptional Individual to become our Deputy Principal with responsibility for Pupil Progress, Standards and Early Years.
This would be an ideal post for an individual with aspirations towards Headship.
- Have a proven track record of raising both pupil attainment and standards of teaching and learning.
- Have a strong vision and ethos that supports our values and culture.
- Be an excellent Early Years practitioner with the ability to inspire children to learn
- Have the drive to help Anglesey move towards Outstanding.
- Have experience of senior leadership in a primary or infant setting.
- Value the engagement of parents and the community.
- Have a flair for analytical and strategic thinking in relation to Academy improvement
In return, we offer:
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and happy children who always give their best.
- Friendly, committed and supportive staff, parents and governance
- An energetic, vibrant and diverse environment where everyone is valued.
- A commitment to your ongoing professional development including CPD opportunities at our partnership schools within AET
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
Visits to the academy are warmly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Jo Grabowska, Recruitment Manager at Tes, on 020 3194 3085 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion or for an application form, please contact Jo Grabowska on the contact details above.
Closing date: Wednesday 21 March 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 27 March 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.