- Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity?
- Are you preparing for Headship opportunities?
- Do you want to work with exceptional young people and hardworking staff, committed to going the extra mile?
- Are you highly motivated and driven, with a proven track record of leadership, outstanding classroom teaching and known for having a positive impact on whole school development?
Ivybridge Community College is looking for an inspirational Deputy Principal who aspires to be a Principal in the future who will:
- Have held a senior position in a school, i.e. Deputy Principal for at least the past two years or more.
- Have led large teams by example and have a proven track record of whole school improvement.
- Demand the highest expectations and standards in all aspects of school life.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner with outcomes to evidence this.
- Able to lead on the implementation of evidenced school improvement.
- Demonstrate impact, creativity and high levels of personal integrity.
- Be uncompromising in their pursuit of the best outcomes for young people.
- Have a relevant and continuously developing deep understanding of what quality education looks like and up to date guidance on best practice for supporting student learning.
- Lead on research in the development of education at a senior level.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the newly created Westcountry Schools Trust, currently employing approximately 1500 staff and growing. We are a dynamic organisation with our students and staff at our heart. Built on an extensive track record of excellence, the Trust combines a range of secondary colleges, primary schools and business units based in a variety of sites across Devon and Cornwall. We are also a stone’s throw from some of the best beaches and countryside in the country.
Ivybridge Community College is a warm, friendly College with students who are a pleasure to teach. The College provides excellent comprehensive education and this was recognised with our fifth consecutive “Outstanding” Ofsted report in 2013.
Please contact Mrs M Vincent, PA to the Principal on 01752 691000 for an informal discussion regarding this role or if you would like a tour.
If you believe you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required, we look forward to receiving your application.
The application form and full job description is available from www.ivybridge.devon.sch.uk and completed applications can be submitted by email to Mrs M Vincent: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Friday, 17 January 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.