Relocation: A relocation allowance of £8,000 is available where the employee’s new home is reasonably close to the workplace and the former home is not.
Pension: Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Rochdale Sixth Form College is located on an attractive, new-build (2010), £26m campus in the educational quarter of Rochdale, Greater Manchester, close to the town centre, and with a direct commute from much of the North West, Manchester, Bolton, Bury, Stockport, Warrington, Merseyside and the towns and cities of South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire. A nationally-regarded Sixth Form College, we have been confirmed as the UK’s ‘Number One’ for A Level progress (DfE Performance Tables) in each of the last four years – an unprecedented achievement.
We are looking for a Deputy Principal [Student Performance, Progression & Welfare] to lead Rochdale Sixth Form College’s pastoral, welfare, student performance and progression provision as the College moves into the next phase of our development. The College wishes to appoint a leader with a collegiate style, and with presence, gravitas and integrity, who is committed to ensuring high standards in an inclusive 16-19 environment and who can inspire colleagues through their own outstanding teaching practice. We are keen to build on our successes and continue the quest for outstanding outcomes and support for all our students and staff.
The College is rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and has secured a national reputation since opening in 2010. The College is established as a National Support School as designated by the National College for Teaching and Leadership. We are now moving beyond the ‘establishment and consolidation’ phases in the life of a new College. As a result, we want to make incremental improvements and fine tune our provision so that we are the A level College of choice in the area, and an excellent place for our students to study and our staff to work.
This is a unique opportunity, and you will find the role rewarding professionally and personally. This position will have strong appeal to -
• An Assistant Principal/Assistant Headteacher within a Sixth Form College, GFE College, or School with a Sixth-Form will find membership of our dedicated and talented Senior Leadership team and ‘Outstanding’ financial health status both provide an excellent platform to introduce initiatives ensuring we remain at the cutting-edge of great pastoral provision.
• A Deputy Principal/Deputy Headteacher will be excited by the prospect of being a part of the ‘hub’ as we grow our MAT, building relationships within the town and our region, and seeking opportunities for alliance and growth, to help deliver excellence and security to young people on a wider scale.
Whatever your previous experience, we will ensure this post is the right one for you with real prospects of career progression and job satisfaction.
The successful applicant will:
• Balance leadership and a determination that the College achieve everything of which its students and staff are capable with a collegiate ethos and nurturing style;
• Possess outstanding interpersonal skills to lead, support and motivate a high-achieving and talented staff body;
• Have the character and values that align with a College focused both upon inclusivity and rigorous standards;
• Be committed to an unrelenting focus on each student maximising their potential and with it, their life chances;
• Be committed to the highest ethical and professional standards, inclusivity and social mobility.
Potential candidates are welcome to contact our advisers ASDTi on 01457 851407 or 07736 775776 to arrange a visit to the College.
The appointment is, of course, subject to satisfactory references and a successful enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Further details and a full application pack are available from our advisers ASDTi by visiting and downloading from www.leadrochdale.co.uk by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 01457 851407.
ASDTi are available on our behalf during evenings and weekends as well, and would be pleased to organise a visit to the college for interested candidates, or to discuss remuneration, career or relocation expectations.
Closing date for applications: Monday 26th November 2018.at 11.00pm.
Shortlisting will take place as soon as possible after the close date.
Interviews will be held on the week commencing 3rd December or 10th December 2018.