The Governing Body of St Mark’s School, Bath are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our supportive and friendly team.
The successful candidate will work flexibly within the Student Support Team to meet a range of student needs and to assist the SENDCo and teaching staff in the support and integration of students with special educational needs and disabilities.
Applicants must have a minimum of 3 GCSE passes at Grade C or above including Literacy and Numeracy, be qualified to NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants (or equivalent) and have the flexibility to contribute to in-class support and support students with SEND.
The department benefits from experienced, dynamic and visionary leadership and applications are welcome from those looking to begin their career in education, perhaps as a trainee teacher or special needs professional, or an experienced colleague looking for their next career move in a rapidly growing and vibrant school.
In particular, applications are invited from individuals who can demonstrate:
· Experience of individual or group work with young people and families;
· Willingness to develop supportive relationships with students in order to improve levels of achievement;
· Ability to relate well to both children and adults.
In return, the successful candidates can expect:
· Outstanding professional support;
· A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support;
· Free on-site parking;
· Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
If you would like to be a part of this ambitious school and are suitably qualified we would like to hear from you.